Saturday, September 5, 2009

bake potato with out cheese

There are very rare times I find myself trying new things or allowing myself to adjust.
I have really been stretched recently, and quicker than I thought possible.

Tonight I after I changed from work I heard a rumbling noise and realized that was my stomach simply asking for food. As I am gathering all the toppings while waiting for my bake potato to cook, I realize there is no chesse. I am not sure about you, but for me, CHEESE is a necessity. There are many times when I can improvise but not a situation such as this.

In life sometimes I find myself with out strength or courage or even contentment, and I some how find myself moving on. You can not improvise for things such as these but that is when it takes allowing to try some new things.

I find myself comparing. It is not a good thing most of the times. I kept thinking tonight "Well If only I had cheese this would taste so much better." What a silly thing to even think about because there is nothing I can do about it. Just like many other things in life, I am just learning to adjust to changes and to learn that does not mean it will not come around or happen again but for now I need to learn to allow myself to be open to new things. If I let things slide by or I do not give it a shot then I may never realize how it could have been or how much I could do with out something or even how much I love/miss/appreciate something. :)

I found myself just last night comparing two very different friendships while adding in a new one to think about. I then reminded myself that both of these friendships I value and that friendships can simply not be compared.

Just as I could not have cheese on my potato I can not have everything just the way I would like it but some times it is the willingness and the strength that leads your to new opportunities.

How nice would it be though if life was like a condiment bar. You would to choose and pick or determine what would make your life better or even what would suit your life.

I am not settling nor am I trying to improvise for what can not be I am just learning to adjust and to let go of my "perfect picture" of that person(s) as well as life.

1 comment:

  1. YOu know the idea of comparing friendships is odd to me. I find myself doing that occasionally but in the end realize how dumb it is. I think we have tons of friendships to highlight peoples best sides. I relate to certain friends one way and others a different way. It's cool to see how different everyone is and to be thankfull for them.

    love the post.

    ReplyDelete

Followers