Wednesday, November 18, 2009

guy friend vs. girls.

Today was a pretty great day. I was able to see a friend that I had not seen in months. He went off to boot camp and is now a United States Marine. I am so proud of him. We were able to catch up a bit, but it was really just nice to be able to see him again. It was fun to be able to tease him, like old times, but he has changed a lot. I am so excited to see what God has already done in his life, but will also continue to do. We talked about having a conversation with people who have "a story" and honestly this kid has a story now, yes it may be the same as others but its his view, it is who God has called him to be. I have learned so much from him this past year we have been friends. What is like to preserver, to grow in faith, to encourage one another, but also how be open. I really missed just talking to him.


I really have missed having those guys I could talk to, or even just having them as friends. I do have friends that are girls that I can talk to but it is not the same as the ones I hung out with this summer. I could call or text them and they would listen. Or we would have random outings. I need more of that in my life right now, even if it is only a letter every now and then.

I love those friends that you can see and there is no awkwardness, or it is okay to have a few silent moments because its their face you want to see.

One of my friend's dad made a comment today that mad me think. He said "You chose good guys to hang out with. One day these two will make great husbands." I never thought about that until now. Wow how strange but I do believe it to be true.
I doubt either one of them will read this but I know it is true. I think they are great guys and those who will marry them are some luck gals. Honestly, I think they deserve the best and I am not afraid to tell them that either, its okay if they dont want to hear it, ill still tell them :)
because I would hope they would do the same for me. 


I have been almost beating myself down lately because I look at three of my friends and I see how much they have done in the past months and what they have accomplished as well as what they now have become and I cant help but think I am not doing anything compared to them.
I feel God has a calling on my life, but I am too stubborn and blind to see it right now.
All of this to say that I am grateful for those guys in my life that really have encouraged me the past years, and have been a good friend in my life, I could use more of these friendships that I believe are God sent. Even though we are going are separate ways I believe God will always bring us back, but we wont lose contact :).
You are the greatest, strongest, bravest and most driven people. 
I am praying for you all each and everyday. For you life, for your focus to be on God, for God to give you strength, and courage, but now also for your spouses :) 

thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers