Sunday, June 14, 2009






My birthday was a really good one. I am now officially old. Birthdays do not excite me, not at all. WHO WANTS TO CELEBRATE A DAY WHERE YOU GET OLDER? Not me thats for sure. I met with a friend before my birthday and she told me she thought I had a pride problem. I do not believe that to be the case at all. I am just not one who likes to be the center of attention. I never have, and doubt I will ever be. “Happy birthdays” and singing make me embarrassed.

I did not even realize my birthday was coming up. When growing up you count down weeks and weeks beforehand to the very day, when you get older things change. Just as an old women would need reminding, I was reminded several times my birthday was approaching. It took the reminding for me.
I was more focused on graduating that it slipped my mind.

Finally the day came. I convinced my brother to go with me to the gym around 11 the night before.
I went swimming and received tons of text messages to start off the celebrating. I went home late to find myself just to wake up early. I went for a run with my father and he teased me that I was old and my 5 year old brother could keep up with the pace now.

I went to lunch with my mom and my siblings. Then I went to swim and hang out with friends and went swimming. I had to leave to help my mom cook an enchilada dinner for some of my friends and myself of course. I had a pretty fun dinner hanging out and laughing. Then a couple of my friends stayed over late and we watched two movies. I was a bit sad that a good friend of mine ( :D) did not make it but I was blessed with the people that did come. We stayed up late laughing and just hanging out. One friend of mine told me today that he felt bad that he did not know it was my birthday, even though I had invited him to hang out. I am not that person to advertise my birthday. Unfortunately that is what facebook is for.

It was a good day. I had low expectations for the day, and really glad I was proven wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers