Saturday, January 9, 2010

contrasting.

I once knew a person
who believed in me,

I am not telling who
because it might just be you.
maybe it was you.
Listen to my story.
And all I have to say to you.

I am going somewhere different
I've always stuck around here
but with you on my mind.

I'm learning to be different
getting out of my zone.

So I'm trying something new.
No its not for you.
I'm doing this for myself.

I'm changing and learning
and figuring out life.
Its a scary place
but no longer in need
in need of your hand in mine.

But When I am alone with you.
I feel a change in pace.
Something I could adjust to.

But I an ready to feel
feel what its like to trust.
I am ready to feel the wind in my hair.
As I leave you behind.

I am going somewhere different
an over needed adventure.
Ive always stuck around
but with you on my mind.

Ill send you my address when
I settle down.
But I'm not making the same promise
you once broke.

But learning to change.
And learning to adjust.
You once set my pace.
But now its my time.

My friend wont you hear..
all what I have to say.
you've been there so long but now its time.

So I am moving on cause
cause you already have.
No longer your hand in mine.

Its something I am doing for myself.
yes its something brand new.

I am learning to trust
which isn't easy.
and to speak my mind.
That is not so new.
But I am not going to rely on you.

I am learning to be different
getting out of my zone.

For I once knew this person
or so I thought I knew.
who taught me to grow
and to do what I wanted to do.

So I am moving on cause
cause you already have.
No longer your hand in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers