Tuesday, March 9, 2010

high ways and broken hearts. late nights and friends who are not far.



I am realizing more and more what it is like to have a broken heart and what it is like to be broken heart-ed.

sounds like the exact same thing doesn't it? I do not think so.
 

I recently have been feeling like my heart was ripped out of me. Not only by a guy but by some friends. I couldn't imagine moving on but the thing is this. While I am have a broken heart, I am not broken heart-ed. I will gather my things and move on. Yes, it will take me some time, and i want a bit more time to sulk!!


but I am quickly reminded of this:

Psalm 34:18



 18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
      he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.


you know It has taken me a long time to trust and to allow myself to be honest. Boy have I come along way. You can either choose to take it as it is or you can move on your way.

Frankly because I am ready to trust and to be open not just to friendships but to love. It has taken me years to see and understand what Love is suppose to look like. I think it has really only been this year that I have fully comprehended it. 
It takes time and effort and well as honesty in any relationship.
But the main thing is love.

"love your neighbor as yourself" 

what a great lesson we all forget about. 
 
Proverbs 27:5-6 
 5 Better is open rebuke 
than hidden love


 dont hide your love, do not let fear stop you from loving.
Love your neighbor, love your family and friends, love the smelly kid that sits next to you on the bus, love the professor that you cant not wait to write a bad review about, love yourself, Most importantly Love GOD. 
do not let your love be limited or forgotten.

 
Proverbs 24:26
An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.

let your love be evident. let you honesty be felt. 
I hope this encourages you as much as it did me.
thanks for reading. 
amy marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers