Tuesday, October 20, 2009

day of silence.

Red duct tape covering our mouths, helped us to show we were taking part in the Pro-life Day of Silent Solidarity. We carried fliers explaining why we are silent and hoped to educate others about the plight of the innocent children we are losing every day. Abortion is something I will stand up for, I am not going to participate or stand up for something I hardly believe in.
This topic is something that is dear to my heart. I thought about it and prayed about it and I felt that this really was something I wanted to participate in this year, and possible the years to come.

It was an experience I would not trade yet it was a very hard day. I was treated by some people as If i had a disease. While others would not even look at me or speak to me, but only make hand gestures towards me. My first professor would not even acknowledge I was in the class. While a girl in the bath room gave me the most ugliest look I have ever gotten and continued to glare at me until she deliberately walked across the restroom to get away from me as she continued to stare.

It was not so much that I wanted everyone to believe what I believed or I wanted to change their way of thinking but I wanted to be a part of those who were standing up in hope of at least encouraging others to do the same. It was also a great time that I was able just to sit there and pray and think. We do not realize how much we do not think or pray during the day because we get to concerned about ourselves, until you lose your voice.

No matter how hard you think it will be, or how embarrassed you think you may feel, it is never a bad thing to be yourself and to hold on to what you believe. Do not be afraid to show who you are and stand up for what you believe or consider right.

4 comments:

  1. I think it is always good to stand up for the right, and I think it is always good to stand up for life. It is terrible arrogance to destroy life needlessly.
    I hope you will continue to learn your craft as a writer, and put the TRUTH in print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignorance is common disease in america and so many people judge and comment and fight for things they think they believe in. Most the time they're following a trend a statement between friends and cliques. Isn't it sad that open mindness isn't a part of our generation...immaturity is. When you said you didnt want to force your beliefs on anyone but express them and show the power of standing up and the degree of that power with silence I smiled. There is a small amount of people out there that follow that road. They try to force people to do it their way or see it with their eyes instead of respecting others points whether you agree with them or not. Not one person is the same as another...we all feel differently, experience the same events differently, and have different experiences in life. I saw the convo in your facebook between two people and it was sad for me to see them fighting and arguing and getting nowhere with one another...but i saw your calmness and your sincerity even though it's something you feel strong about you kept your cool :) You're an awesome person Amy don't let anyone tell you or make you feel differently. Don't ever doubt yourself you're capable of reaching the stars without ever leaving the earth...ps Sun im being kicked out of the house with the kids lol wanna meet up somewhere we can meet at a park you can bring your brother or something ;) love ya hun you're more than one of a kind

    ReplyDelete

Followers