Thursday, October 29, 2009

I am not your mother,

I am not your mother although sometimes I feel I am.
I have to discipline you, and teach you what is wrong from right.
I fear that no one else will If I dont.

I am not the one who is suppose to raise you,
yet I am the one teaching you how to write your last name.
or the one who needs to make sure you brush your teeth and
tell you they will turn yellow and fall out if you do not.

I am not suppose to tell you that isn't a nice thing to say,
or threaten to take you to the bathroom if you do.
Your parents should be thinking about your education,
not me.

I am worried about your future,
when I am letting mine slip away.

I love you so much but I feel that I need to get away for awhile.
I know I hurt you when you thought I was not your family anymore.
I will always be your family,

I was the first one to tell you that I loved you,
did you know that?
I am not the one who is suppose to raise you but I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers