Saturday, October 24, 2009

My gold shoes

We all have our favorite shoes, the one we were almost everywhere.
The ones that even though they may not match they some how make the outfit complete.
Well mine happen to be a pair of gold sandals. I was in a hurry to find some shoes for a wedding for a good friend of mine. I needed something comfortable yet classy. I was not leaning towards heels because I have horrible balance, I am quite a klutz in fact. I was not certain I wanted flats either, I was helping set up for the wedding so flats sounded ideal yet I wanted to still look nice.

I have had some many adventures in these shoes. I have gone on numerous photo days in these shoes. One in particular when I feel in the middle of the rail road tracks when a train was coming because I was not wearing proper shoes. I have spilled things I should have not, and well as fell in mud these shoes. I have danced in these shoes at a dance hall, as well as in a park, and at a party. I have gone to the beach in these shoes with friends. I have said goodbye to friends as well as met new friends in these shoes. I have wished I had worn other shoes several times. I giving these shoes human characteristics without meaning to do so.

These shoes are not a friend of mine, nor am I trying to make it seem like I am obsessed with these gold shoes but they have been though a lot with me. They have been comfort for all the trips and walking I have done in them.
It is funny how something such as your favorite shoes have memories such as these. I was not even going to get the gold sandals, I was about to get black heels instead. I left the store but then came back to purchase the sandals instead. How grateful I am for that. Its funny to say I do not even know what shoes I wore before these.
This is something that has a shinny lining in my life,
memories..
I am needing to retire these "Golden shoes". The people and the memories are in the past... yet the memories are embedded in gold in my heart and will stay there until Gold in no longer valuable.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes that's all we have...memories. Whether good or bad or balanced between the two it's something that we build our life on. Thats why those who suffer from memory loss from the aging process or a tragic event lose a chance at a normal life...I know im having the hardest times leaving old memories behind bc they were so incredibly happy ones. Sometimes we set memories as goals for our future. We strive to one day make a new memory of being as happy as we once used to be or happier if possible. That is my goal right now...to reach that point in life where the bad is overrun by the good....the pendulum is seriously unbalanced right now though....

    ReplyDelete

Followers